Annons:
Taginterior-design
Read 702 times
Niklas
2020-10-04 11:59

Learn Feng Shui by avoiding these mistakes

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The New York Times has an article about feng shui. As a complete novice among seasoned Feng shuiers, the writer took an online feng shui course by Judith Wendell. If you are new to, but curious about, feng shui, avoid these mistakes:

‘Ceiling fan over bed = bad.

Towering open bookshelves in a bedroom crammed with books = bad.

Bathroom visible from entrance = bad.

My desk pushed against a wall in the living room so my back was to the doorway = bad.

A diagonal wall in my bedroom that meant a section was missing from the “wealth” zone (which might just explain something about our family’s finances) = very, very bad.

I had them all, as well as “fighting doors” (my bedroom door knocked against my closet door when both were open). My kids’ bedrooms had the same affliction, which, it seems, could portend discord or even “hidden adversaries.” Yikes.’

We’re lucky not to have any “fighting doors” or ceiling fan over the bed, but living in a small house that wasn’t designed with feng shui in mind, can make it difficult to follow some of the rules of feng shui. Not having open shelves full of books and not having the back against a doorway, on the other hand, is easier.

My aha moment in the article was the suggestion to put mirrors in strategic positions to kill dead angles when you are in strategic positions, like by the stove, doing desk work, or lying in bed.

» Feng Shui Lessons From a Design Master Who Has Your Back - The New York Times

[Photo by Katsia Jazwinska at Unsplash]

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2020-10-04 13:22

I don't think I have any of these issues in my apartment. However, it is likely probably not Feng Shui friendly haha.

Scroll to top
Annons: