Annons:
Tagsmall-space-living
Read 2187 times
jordan
2019-07-04 01:04

Living in a small space in Tokyo

Sometimes living in a small space is not something made from choice, but from necessity. Tokyo, the capital city of Japan is among the most densely populated in the world, housing 10% of their total population, equaling around 38 million!

Here, Vlogger Tokidoki Traveller shows you around their small space apartment, in which the width is so small she can touch both sides at the same time!

One thing I did find pretty good in the apartment was that despite how small it is, the size of the 'bedroom' on the loft level actually seemed pretty good (putting aside headroom), although that may be due to how futons are more commonly seen in Japan than other cities in the west.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-07-04 10:16

Oh, I almost felt claustrophobic just watching the video. 😃 I would find it very hard to live like that. For such a small (8 ㎥) apartment, it had way to little window space. I also thought the layout of the apartment was peculiar. Had it been more square spaced, I think it would be easier to furnish and use.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-07-08 21:32

Yeah I imagine the apartment to not be too bright during the winter months. I think the shape of the apartment may have been intentional? As it seems they wanted as many one person homes as possible.

Scroll to top
Annons: