Annons:
Tagsmall-space-living
Read 1195 times
Niklas
2019-05-10 12:01

Striking black “small” house in Blue Mountains

Whether you like it or not this house looks very special. Black corrugated iron isn’t my first-hand choice of house exterior, but I think they have made the most of it. It almost looks elegant. I’m a bit concerned about how it will age. The height of the house is over 4 meters. Almost half of its 9-meter length.

One thing I think they missed in the design is the height of the stairs. They seem to be too high. She struggles walking down them. I guess that part was a compromise so they could put appliances and plenty of storage under the steps. Nothing for older people, though.

The kitchen looks useful and roomy with full-size everything.

In the bathroom, there’s a wooden floor (actually the same as the rest of the bottom floor) turning into a tile floor in a funny way. The shower is big enough for three people and the many mirrors make the bathroom look very large.

On the second floor, there is enough height to stand up and the roof has several big windows letting in light. I liked the walkway connecting the two bedroom areas. Some kind of flexible screen or something would be good to make the bedrooms more private. You wouldn’t want to hear someone snore from the other end of the house. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-14 23:47

I really like the lighting fixture in the living room with the exposed bulbs and greeny. I also think having mirrored wardrobe draws is great to make the space appear bigger and lighter!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: