Annons:
Tag:ย small-space-living
Read 1342 times
Niklas
2018-12-13 16:53

Your tiny house must-haves and absolutely nots

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Have you thought of what requirements you have for a tiny house, if you would build one? Or what things you want to avoid?

What's the smallest size you can accept? What conveniences do you want? How many rooms? What rooms? On or off grid? What type of heating? On wheels or on the ground? Any special building materials? How about clever solutions?

(Photo by NON at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
Leia
2018-12-13 21:25

I haven't thought much about having my own tiny house but I definitely  would like to try 'Van Life' for a few months! The ability to travel and live wherever you want with a new back garden everyday is just amazing.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-12-14 11:22

๐Ÿ™‚ I think a van would be too crammed for me for an extended period. Especially if I would bring the family.

Tammie
2018-12-16 07:58

I would love to live in a tiny house if it could mean having no mortgage. However, I would want a large garage where I could keep all the tools, garden gear and have a art studio. I would love to have about 5 acres. I would want to have the capability to be off grid without it being a necessity. I would build a root cellar. I would want a garden, an apiary, chickens, goats, rabbits, along with fruit, nut and citrus trees.  I would also want to be located in an area with good fishing potential.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-12-17 11:16

These are some of the things I would like to have if I build a house:

• I think about 50 ใŽก would be the lower limit for me now. Iโ€™m not sure what the family would say though. ๐Ÿ™‚

• The house should ideally be zero energy which means it has enough insulation to hold a comfortable temperature with only the body temperature of those living there as heating.

• It would have to be in Sweden. I donโ€™t want to move abroad permanently.

• I donโ€™t mind having it connected to the grid but want it to have enough solar energy to sustain itself. All light sources should be low energy, like LED.

• A wood stove for heating, emergency cooking, and coziness.

• Lots of windows and doors facing south to let sunlight and air in and out.

• White and light colors on inside walls and floors to reflect the little light that comes in during winter, and for reflecting heat out during summer.

• Dark, perhaps black, color on outside walls facing south, east and west to absorb warmth from the sun during fall and winter.

• Enough secluded spaces for everyone to feel undisturbed.

• Large wooden deck around the whole house. Wide enough to accommodate family and friends sitting in the sun or shade.

• Tin roof or other maintenance free roofing material.

• Wide roof overhangs so you can walk around the house in the rain without getting wet.

• If possible, a roof terrace would be nice.

• Maintenance free wall paneling on the outside. Possibly glass.

• Large garden to keep passersby from seeing in.

• Option to unlock doors without a key. Biometric or code.

• Hidden storage everywhere possible.

• Water collecting tank to store rainwater from the roof.

• Circulated shower water.

• Large area to hang out indoors.

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย