Annons:
Tagsmall-space-living
Read 1237 times
Niklas
2018-12-12 14:38

My sister’s converted military bus holiday home

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 5
Preview of image 2 of 5
Preview of image 3 of 5
Preview of image 4 of 5
Preview of image 5 of 5

My sister and her boyfriend bought an old military bus a few years ago. It’s rebuilt to function as a home. Up to six people can sleep in separate beds. It has a small cooking space and sitting area with six seats. They use it as a mobile vacation home during summer. The bus length is 11 meters and its 2.5 meter wide. You are allowed to be 8 people in it during travel. Because of the conversion it can legally be driven (at least theoretically 🙂) by someone with a regular car drivers license.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2018-12-12 14:41

Thats really neat. Where have they travelled to with it?

Niklas
2018-12-12 14:45

Just around Sweden. Since its quite long it can’t be parked anywhere for the night. I think they often plan ahead so they are sure to have a bus parking spot. Sometimes they use bus camps and meet with other bus converters. Apparently there are a few of them.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-12-12 23:19

I love the outside of it, very vintageIn love

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-12-13 00:37

Wow, that's really cool!

Tammie
2018-12-13 05:51

I love it! What a great idea. I bet it was a really fun project!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-12-13 11:16

It was already converted when they bought it, but they refurbished and adjusted it to their needs. The bus is a 1972 model Scania B 11058. Since it was built for military purposes, it originally was military green. If I’m not misremembering, they bought it for less than 10.000 USD. When I think of it now, it sounds very cheap in comparison to most of the tiny houses, but the standard is lower than in many of them, which may explain some of the difference. Also, an old Diesel engine may not be the easiest to find parts for. Her boyfriend is very good with engines and cars, so that helps, but its probably not for anyone. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-12-13 21:19

#6 Its always great when you've got someone who knows what they're doing!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-12-14 11:17

Yes, she would never have been part of it otherwise. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: