Annons:
Tagsmall-space-living
Read 981 times
Tammie
2018-12-12 05:44

TED-Talk Tiny House Movement

This is a very good talk about the tiny house movement and much of the thinking behind it. He brings up several valid points. For me I would really like to get away from having a big mortgage, or any mortgage really. I am currently sort of having a dry run of it by renting a small granny flat from a friend. I am looking into my options on how to go about going tiny.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Niklas
2018-12-12 12:23

#0: Can you put a house on a trailer on any private property in California and live there? Or are you thinking of a ”permanent” house?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-12-12 23:21

I wish you the best of luck with it all!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-12-13 05:49

I would have to buy some property. They have relaxed some laws and If I already owned property with a house on it that was big enough, they now allow  building a granny flat or a tiny house on wheels. However, it is more difficult to just buy property and build something from scratch. It would be easier in a different state than California.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-12-13 11:03

Aha, I thought California would be more liberal than other states. It could be very interesting to follow along if you decide to do it. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2018-12-13 12:22

I found a video-walkthrough of Andrew Morrisons (the TED speaker) tiny house. He describes the thinking behind the details and choices they made. I think it was interesting. If you watch it, keep in mind that they payed about 30,000 USD for the house and built it themselves in 4 months.

In the TED talk, he went through an action list for a more comfortable life:

• 365-day rule
  • Be honest
  • Digitize it
  • Rethink shopping
  • Eliminate debt
  • Create goals
  • Prioritize joy
  • Get Zen

In short:

Get rid of all belongings you haven't used for a year. Digitize everything you can. Only shop by shopping lists. Do whatever you can to decrease your debt. Create long-term goals; they tend to make everyday decisions easier.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: