Annons:
Tag:Β small-space-living
Read 1688 times
Niklas
2018-12-04 13:35

A downside of owning your home

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Maintenance. πŸ™‚ The 70+ year old plumbing in our house needs to be changed. The tubes are made of cast iron. After many years of use they finally have rusted through in some places and are clogged in others. The kitchen sewer doesn’t work at all. Last week I started digging up the concrete floor. We have decided to replace all cast iron pipes in the floor even though some of them still work. It will be messy, but then we don't have to think about it ever again. πŸ˜€ I’m lucky to have a brother who’s a carpenter and house builder. He will Help me with the new plumbing. Do you foresee any major repairs in your home?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Emo
2018-12-04 18:15

I just hope not.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Leia
2018-12-04 23:30

Uh no, that looks like a lot of work! Do you have running water in the meantime?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-12-05 20:44

It kinda looks like an earthquake in the first picture! Have you moved out in the meantime or are you living around the works?

Niklas
2018-12-06 12:43

#2: We have running water in the whole house. The kitchen sewer is redirected like you see in the bottom right photo. We have to empty the can once or twice a day. πŸ™‚ #3: No, we live in it. The mess is only on the lower floor and under the kitchen sink. If my son was more of a pretend play fan, we could play moon landing in the dust.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-12-06 22:53

Oh no! I stills believe it is worth owning your own home since landlords can typically raise rents after doing repairs or upgrades.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-12-07 11:56

Yes, I wouldn’t want to rent instead. :-) It has definitely been a better economic decision to own a house. Both in terms of running costs and increase of market value. It is expensive to rent in Stockholm.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Niklas
2018-12-30 09:15
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

It's a big mess, but now at least there has been a bit of construction too. πŸ™‚ It will be great when it's over.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-12-30 17:55

When do you expect it to be finished by??

All the best, Leia

Emo
2019-01-01 14:53

Never. If you start making things better in an old house. you can continue for ever, Isn't it so?  WinkingLaughing

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Niklas
2019-01-02 13:59

I hope the most important parts will be working within a week. The rest will take longer.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-01-03 15:21

#10 Best of luck with it!

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-01-03 19:48

Thanks! Today I reached a milestone. I connected the new tubing to the old, and everything seems to work (no leaks). Still a lot to do but an essential step on the way. πŸ™‚ Tomorrow I may start burying the new tubes so the dirt can settle before it's time to close the hole with concrete.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-01-04 23:19

#12 Glad to hear it's coming along nicely!

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons:
Β