Annons:
Tagsmall-space-living
Read 1031 times
Niklas
2018-12-04 12:48

All wood trailer-based Californian home

For a home it is small. For a building on a car-towed trailer, it is quite big. About 8.5 meters long.

It has wood panels on the outside and even more wood on the inside. I appreciate the craftsmanship that went into building it. Very nice work.

Californians are spoiled with light. Sun all day, every day. The architect didn’t mind letting the interior eat much of the light that would otherwise get in. Despite having a large roof window and several big side windows, it gets quite dark inside. I read yeasterday, that in the northernmost part of Sweden (“Treriksröset”), the sun won’t rise above the horizon for almost two months now. A home like this one would be pitch dark without a lot of man made light up there. 🙂

One of the things I take with me from this video, is the use of holes instead of attached handles and knobs on doors and drawers. When you build solid wood doors and drawer sides, you can drill holes for discreet and space-saving opening functionality.

All sinks and the bathtub was made of copper. I wonder how that works. As a kid I was taught that copper stain is poisonous. What about having it around food in the kitchen? The copper color works very well with the redwood though.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-12-04 23:40

I agree, as much as I love the earthiness of the woods and copper, it does add to the darkness. I guess people don't appreciate what they while they have it, having lived in Sweden I am also familiar with living without the sun!

I thought it was definitely pricey for a tiny home, considering the "average' tiny house, however, there is nothing "average" about it. It's got to be pretty rewarding to know that you've built something yourself and, of course, saved all that money on the labour.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-12-05 03:38

It is beautiful but I agree that it is too dark.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: