Annons:
Tag:Β inspiration
Read 1369 times
jordan
2018-12-02 23:57

The life of a minimalist: Matt D'Avella's home

While not strictly 'small space', this video is a showcase of Matt D'Avella's home, the director and creator of the Netflix documentary 'Minimalism'

I think it puts to light how cluttered most home spaces are, and shows that an aesthetic home doesn't need to be limited to those with many possessions.

What do you think?

Annons:
Evelina
2018-12-03 10:25

I agree, but I do feel like his bedroom would benefit from a simple poster above his bed πŸ˜….

Niklas
2018-12-03 12:00

I think the bed was in the wrong place. You don't want to have windows behind your head. You want to see out of a window from the bed. One of the other walls must have been a better place for it. But perhaps that way might be what a serial killer would choose. πŸ˜‰

β€œβ€¦ shows that an aesthetic home doesn't need to be limited to those with many possessions.”

Did you mean it like that? πŸ™‚ Isn’t it easier to find aesthetics if you have fever things?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-12-03 12:33

I think there is another large window on the left wall that isn’t clearly visible in the video. I feel like the bed is probably in the only space it can be if one wants to have room on both sides of it. But that big wall regardless of where the bed is needs something on it. πŸ˜†

Leia
2018-12-03 18:34

"The worst episode of MTV cribs ever" Laughing out loud I really like this guys humour!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-12-04 00:52

#2 I was thinking more about how a different aesthestic can be made with little decoration as opposed to many decorations. But yeah, that pretty much is minimalism!

#3 It doesn't even have a backboard by the looks of it! If it had that then maybe it would at least not look as empty?

Tammie
2018-12-04 06:55

I really got a kick out of his sense of humor. I think there is a fine line between living and existing. If I were only existing I would have no trouble being a minimalist. But I have a passion for painting and various other forms of arts and crafts. And for using tools. When I bought my triplex the garage door was crooked and very difficult to open and close properly. I was able to fix it myself. I really like being able to do that but without tools I would not have been able to do that. Tools take up a LOT of room. So does my art's and crafts stuff. However, I love the idea of living small so there is a fine line there too. For me I could live tiny but would want a big garage!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Niklas
2018-12-04 10:19

#6: Having things you use is okay even as a minimalist. Especially if they are your work tools. You can be minimalistic in areas where it doesn’t interfere with your work and hobbies. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-12-04 11:34

I didnt realize the video had sound haha πŸ˜†

jordan
2018-12-05 22:29

#6 One thing that Matt emphasizes in other videos is that you can still hold onto your passions, as long as you have a place to put things. Funnily enough, in one of his videos, he shows one of his toiletry draws, and there is too many things to count!

Niklas
2018-12-06 11:52

Are you meaning to say that toiletry things are his passion? πŸ˜€

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-12-10 22:13

Oops, didn't mean that! Laughing out loud I meant possessions Laughing

Niklas
2018-12-11 09:56

πŸ˜€

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top