Annons:
Tagsmall-space-living
Read 1206 times
Evelina
2018-11-10 14:51

New Kitchen Organisation and Downsizing

Hello! 

So I just got my kitchen renovated and although its the same size, they managed to reduce our cabinet size and optimisation. So now we have even less space than before! 

I am wondering if anyone has any tips with downsizing and organising kitchen cupboards. I would love to buy glass containers for things like nuts, seeds, lentils, and pasta. But that will be an expensive process. I am going to do that slowly. 

Confused

Annons:
Niklas
2018-11-10 16:36

I would have thought they'd make the new kitchen smarter organized. Do you have a picture or sketch of the kitchen? It's easier to find solutions when you know what you are working with.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-11-11 15:54

I store my dry foods in mason jars.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-11-12 14:17
Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 5
Preview of image 2 of 5
Preview of image 3 of 5
Preview of image 4 of 5
Preview of image 5 of 5
Evelina
2018-11-12 14:17
Niklas
2018-11-12 14:33

Nice colors. For the cupboard you could save some room by getting containers that you can stack. I saw some on Ikea last year but they seem to have discontinued them. I can’t find them on their website now. Or, if it’s possible to buy extra shelves, you could get some half depth size to put in the back, between the current shelves. A dish rack to dry the clean dishes should save room on the countertop. Can you use the space in the corner under the countertop?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-11-13 06:36

#5 I am working on buying stackable glass containers from Ikea, But I will buy these slowly. For now I am using jars from food items that come in a glass jar. So Im cleaning them out and filling them with, walnuts or lentils. We are to buy a dish rack of sorts, we threw out the old one because it was gross. And for some reason they blocked that corner off. Its a huge corner that we used for cleaning supplies before and other stuff. Now its just empty space 🙄 which Isnt even closed off properly, there is a hole on the bottom where I am afraid the cats could get in and become stuck. They made a bunch of odd decisions basically Making a lot of dead space areas that are blocked off, which were not prior to the renovation.

Annons:
Niklas
2018-11-13 12:56

That’s a pity. In small kitchens, it's even more important to make use of the odd empty spaces.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: