Annons:
Taginspiration
Read 1349 times
jadekintz
2018-05-26 03:47

Open Shelving

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

The concept of open shelving thrills me! 

If you tend to have a habit of hoarding dishes (like me) this would be a fun way to minimize your dishes and display a taste of your own style in an unlikely place.

Does anyone have tips for renters to create a concept like this in a breakfast nook perhaps?

Annons:
Niklas
2018-05-26 09:11

Can't you have a standing shelf? I like those with just one pair of legs that rest against the wall. It should be easy enough to make one. I have thought of having open shelves beneath our kitchen cupboards. It would be a perfect place to store porcelain and bowls that we use daily. I would put them upside down though, to not let dust collect in them.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-05-27 15:41

I love the look of open shelving, especially with some vining plants on there too! However with two cats, thats not so much of an option with the dishes, since there would be too much cat hair in them. I also have cement walls so I cannot hang shelves like that. 

Are you allowed to screw in the walls at your place?? At one point I thought about buying the open shelving unit that attaches to the ceiling from Ikea to get a similar look. 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79251774/

Leia
2018-05-27 17:25

We had open shelves but later on changed our minds! we now have four annoying holes in the wall.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jadekintz
2018-05-31 23:28

#2 I could actually now that I moved my dining room around.  I think open shelving would lighten the kitchen up, it is very dark because we are surrounded by trees. 

#3 My cabinets I have now are original from the 70s and I don't think that Grandma would like if we took them down *sigh* so I will be dreaming until we buy the house or move. I do need to redo my breakfast nook. I had a table in there and it was tiny, there was virtually no space to sit at the table. So now that room looks really bare.

#4 That is my biggest fear is holes as well. We are lath and plaster walls so to put holes in them means for very high maintenance patching and damage control. You can hear the plaster falling from the wall when you put large nails in

Scroll to top
Annons: