Annons:
Tagdiy
Read 1291 times
jadekintz
2018-05-22 06:11

Ant Hill Shelf

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I recently had a birthday at the beginning of this month and my dad gifted me with this amazing shelf. When my parents bought their property they had an infestation of red ants EVERYWHERE. My dad decided to go around and look for ant hills that were abandoned and poured hot aluminum down them. This is the outcome.

The wood is from his property as well. 

Do you have any unique art pieces you have inherited or your family had gifted you?

Annons:
Evelina
2018-05-22 13:17

Oh those red ants are nasty little buggers! For those who might not know, these are an invasive ant species originating from South America, which have now started to become present throughout California and other parts of the US. They can be deadly to pets, young children, and even adults (if there is an allergic reaction). They also destroy birds nests, and bee hives. 

I love the contrasting wood, the bottom part's shape is really beautiful, and the top wood has an amazing rich color. What kind (s) of wood did your dad use? Oak?

Leia
2018-05-22 15:10

Wow that is so creative! I don't think I have anything like that in my home.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-05-22 17:19

That is such a unique and beautiful piece of art!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

jadekintz
2018-05-22 17:23

#1 They were everywhere! You couldn't walk around with out having them crawl all over you. Their solution was to get free change chickens and now they don't have an issue! I also do believe the wood is Oak, yes :)  #2 I don't know how he comes up with these ideas, he is a jack of all trades! #3 Thank you very much :)

Scroll to top
Annons: